The Lock Box is recommended for up to four adults wishing to supplement their diet with fresh, nutritious, truly organic produce.
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for four adult units, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. (Figure a small child or elderly person as half an adult unit; a teenage boy might be one and a half units!) Families looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should purchase a Safe. The larger bank will provide a greater cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Lock Box comes with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart and a free copy of The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible. This book provides detailed instructions on how to cultivate each variety in your bank (light, water and soil requirements; when and how to plant, etc.).
The varieties included in this Liberty Seed Bank are suitable for all USDA Growing Zones and should perform well in your area.
- 70+ Varieties Included
- Over 25,000 Seeds (4+ lbs)
- Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for 4 Adult Units
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are certified and have germination rates in excess of the USDA requirements for each particular variety
- Suitable for all locations in the continental United States (and Hawaii)
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box
Also included are the following materials:
- Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible