The Piggy Bank is recommended for one or two adults wishing to supplement their diet with fresh, nutritious, truly organic produce.
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for two, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. However, couples who are looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should purchase a Lock Box. The larger bank will provide a greater cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Piggy Bank does not come with any training manuals, but it does come with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart. So unless you are an experienced vegetable gardener, we strongly suggest that you purchase a copy of The Mittleider Gardening Course. (Or The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible, if you choose not to grow using the Mittleider method.) We consider these books to be the instruction manuals for our seed banks, as it provides detailed instructions on how to cultivate each variety in your bank.
The varieties included in this Liberty Seed Bank are suitable for all USDA Growing Zones in the continental US and should perform well in your area.
- 70+ Varieties Included
- Over 10,000 Seeds (2 lbs)
- Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for 2 Adult Units
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are certified and have germination rates in excess of the USDA requirements for each particular variety
- Suitable for all locations in the continental United States (and Hawaii)
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box
Also included are the following materials:
- Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart